Morning meditation on the Five Remembrances


Another meditation guided by June the next day, very different way of looking at life and quite liberating.

These five remembrances help us to identify and look deeply at the seeds of fear. They can be recited daily, read aloud as a guided meditation or used as a silent meditation by individual practitioners.

I am of the nature to grow old.
There is no way to escape growing old.

I am of the nature to have ill-health.
There is no way to escape having ill-health.

I am of the nature to die.
There is no way to escape death.

All that is dear to me and everyone I love are of the nature of change.
There is no way to escape being separated by them.

I inherit the results of my actions of body, speech and mind.
My actions are my continuation.

Extract of the book 'Chanting from the heart - Buddhist Ceremonies and Daily Practices' by Thich Nhat Hanh


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fridays for Future in Valparaíso

Hall of mirrors and baby twins

Christmas in Valle Azul at Matilde's