Morning meditation - on Love


Here is a beautiful meditation that was guided by June one morning - a beautiful way to start the day

May I be peaceful, happy and light in my body and spirit
May I be safe and free from injury
May I be free from anger, fear and anxiety

May I learn to look at myself with the eyes of understanding and love
May I be able to recognize and touch the seeds if joy and happiness in myself
May I learn to identify the sources of anger, craving and delusion in myself

May I know how to nourish the seeds of joy in myself everyday
May I be able to live fresh, solid and free
May I be free from attachment and aversion, but not be indifferent

We begin practicing this love meditation focusing on ourselves ('I'). Until we are able to love and take care of ourselves, we cannot be of much help to others. Next, we can practice towards other (substituting 'he', 'she', 'they'). First with someone we love, next with someone we like, then with someone neutral to us, and finally toward someone who has made us suffer.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fridays for Future in Valparaíso

Hall of mirrors and baby twins

Christmas in Valle Azul at Matilde's