Aquarelle course in the mountains - Zermatt


With a sprain ankle needing 4 more weeks to heal, what can I do now that does not require taking care of cows nor hiking but that will still be in the mountain fresh air and contribute to my well-being and personal growth? Preferably sitting all day? Painting!

My mother is a talented painter and has been going to painting course regularly each summer. I finally dared to do it myself, even though I have no talent in painting/drawing!

Google was my friend: 'Aquarell Malkurs in den Bergen' and so I found the perfect course in the perfect place in spectacular Zermatt, at the perfect dates - starting the next day. Link to artist and course

The most impressive feeling: being aware of all of us in the group sitting spread out in front of stunning scenery, the whole day! Lots of people were passing by, looking at us, looking at our paintings, taking pictures of us. I felt so lucky to be here - grateful to be in the place I wish to be.

I also really liked the group, really talented friendly painters and of course impressive artist Willi Fikisz teaching us.


Art by teacher/artist Willi Fikisz - at the end of the last day

First day painting stop: top of Sunnegga cable car station

My first 2 paintings! I like miniature format ;-)

Day 2: some sheep were really curious about what we were setting up here. 
Top of Schwarzsee gondola station 


Day 2 painting after sitting the whole day in front of this stunning view

Last Day, the Matterhorn.
Several times I would just stop painting and look up and look around - in awe of everything around me.


Comments

Post a Comment

Please add your name to your comment :-)

Popular posts from this blog

Fridays for Future in Valparaíso

Hall of mirrors and baby twins

Christmas in Valle Azul at Matilde's